Application Guidelines for Faculty/Student Working Groups
Creates a summer faculty fellowship for faculty members who will be working with a group of 2 to 4 students on individual or joint research projects or creative work during the summer. Provides funding for one faculty fellowship at $8000 and student research fellowships at $1000.
DEADLINE: February 15
Using headings below in the sequence given, provide the specified information. Use as much space as needed.
- Details of the Project
- Character and scope including explicit statement of research hypothesis/question or creative problem.
- Detailed method and plan of work.
- Presumable scholarly significance (place project in context; cite relevant literature).
- Application or relation of possible results from these investigations to more general problems in the field. (Provide this information only if it differs from C. above.)
- Timetable: When commenced, progress to date, and expectation as to completion and publication, presentation, or exhibition.
- Assessment of the likelihood that this project will lead, directly or indirectly, to external funding.
- Qualifications of the Faculty Mentor:
- Applicant's special competence for this project (background, training, preparation).
- Papers/creative works published or presented by the applicant bearing upon this subject.
- Other publications/creative works by the applicant.
- References (give name, title, and address). Letters of reference should be sent directly to the Office of Academic Affairs. A letter from the applicant's dean is required in all cases. Those without an established record of research should request additional references.
- Qualifications of the Students in the Working Group:
For each student who will participate in the working group provide:
- Role on project: e.g., hours of work expected, product/outcome expected, method for assessment of student outcomes
- Previous Research Funding:
- Faculty Grant-in-Aid of Research (give date and attach copy of progress report).
- Summer Faculty Fellowship (give date and attach copy of progress report.)
- Released Time Fellowship (give date and attach copy of progress report).
- Any previous research funding awarded to student participants.
- Other sources and amounts of support for research you have received in the last five years.
Up to $500 is available for supplies and equipment. If requesting funds, provide an itemized budget.
NOTE: Faculty mentor and all participating students must sign the application cover page.
– Back to Top –