Teacher Testing for Licensing Information
Please read the appropriate information and follow the procedures for filing for your ORIGINAL teacher's license. If you have questions, please contact:
License Additions and Renewals
Undergraduate Initial Licenses
- Complete the PPST (Pre-Professional Skills Tests, also called Praxis 1). Minimum scores are required; consult your advisor for PPST options.
- Apply for admission to the School of Education.
- Complete any and all required specialty tests (Praxis 2). Minimum scores are required.
View required tests and passing scores for Indiana NOTE: As of 9/1/2011, IN requires only Praxis 2 test #0014 (paper-delivered) OR #5014 (computer-delivered) for Elementary certification.
Once all degree requirements have been met, you may apply for the Initial Practitioner license.
- Complete any and all required specialty tests (PRAXIS 2). Minimum scores are required.
Once all degree requirements have been met, you may apply for the Statement of Eligibility for new educators.
- The Licensing Advisors will provide other required information and file for your certification with the Kentucky Education Professional Standards Board. Your new license will be mailed to you by KY EPSB.
- If you want additional information, visit the website of the EPSB.
Career Development (IU Southeast)
Career Development Center at IU Southeast can help place you in an education-related job.
For information about scholarships, please see our scholarships and awards page.