Majors & Careers
Choosing a major or career is an exciting process of self-discovery. In Career Development Center we believe that when you understand yourself and are informed about your options, you will have the necessary tools to make good choices for your future career. We hope you will find our web site useful as you begin this process -- come see us and let us help you get started on your road to discovery today!
- What Can I Do With A Major In _____?
- Need Help Deciding Your Major?
- Career Assessments
- Research Careers
- Match Careers to Your Interests
- Career Networking Program
This on-line resource provides in-depth information on all of the majors offered at Indiana University Southeast. Learn more about your academic major options in this easy-to-use format.
The following information will help you discover your interests, skills, and values which will guide you to possible careers and majors to consider.
Career Choices and Competencies (COAS S200)
Save time and money by enrolling in Career Choices & Competencies, COAS S200, and let us help you use your interests, personality, values and skills to guide you to major and career possibilities. We’ll then help you find people to interview in these careers to gain “real world” knowledge of the world of work and obtain competencies such as resume writing, interviewing and business etiquette.
FALL 2012 COURSE SCHEDULE
MW 11:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
MW 1:15 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Individual Career Counseling Appointment
Call the Career Development Center office, 812-941-2275, to arrange an individual appointment. Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Fee-Based – Contact the Career Development Center for details and pricing at (812) 941-2275 or email@example.com.
- Strong Interest Inventory College Report – matches your interests to possible careers and majors.
- Do What You Are (DWYA) – uses your personality as a guide to possible careers and majors.
Free Career Assessments
- Choices Career Exploration & Vault Career Insider (login to your CareerLink account and look under the Resource Library tab)
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- O*NET Online
- Job Choices Online Magazine (through the National Association of Colleges and Employers)
- Learn More Indiana
- What Do You Like To Do?
- Hoosier Hot 50 - 2010-2018
- IUS Majors for Hoosier Hot 50
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - Fastest Growth by State
- Best Careers 2012 - U.S. News & World Report
- STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
- Match Interests to Careers- Match your interest to the IU Southeast majors and careers by playing The Match Game
- Interest Profiler - Find your interests using the Match Game above then use this ‘Interest Profiler ‘ to find additional careers
Interview professionals to obtain “real world” info about what it’s really like to work in a career that interests you…our contacts have agreed to allow current IU Southeast students and alumni to talk with them about their jobs and industries. (For easier access, talk with our Career Counselor and gain access to this database of professionals via your CareerLink account)