- Applicants must hold a valid elementary, junior high/middle school, or secondary license.
- Applicants should expect program coursework to take two to three years to complete.
For candidates admitted after 7/15/2011, a two-year gap in coursework will require a new application for re-admission into any graduate program, and a mandatory meeting with a program advisor. The re-admitted candidate must then comply with any new program requirements, if any.
The Reading Teacher License Program features a rolling application process.
- Attend a mandatory program advising session. Submit completed paper Reading License Application Form (distributed at the advising session, either at the end of the advising session or mailed to the address below.)
- Complete online application. A $40 application fee is assessed when applying to program. If a previous application fee was paid the fee should be waived. To determine if fee is to be waived, please contact our Record Specialist.
Mary Ann Wild
Phone: (812) 941-2388
- On the Uploads Tab, upload a brief statement that includes teaching experience, why you are interested in the Reading License, and address the SOE dispositions.
- Submit one letter of reference from a school authority who knows your capabilities regarding literacy. Use the Recommendation Tab on the online application to submit electronically. If desired, letter may be mailed directly to Records Specialist at the address below.
- Also on the Uploads Tab, upload a copy of current teaching license or statement of eligibility. (Emergency license not acceptable.)
- Submit official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work completed at institutions other than an IU school. A required 3.0 GPA in graduate coursework, or if no graduate work a 2.5 GPA for undergraduate coursework is required.
Please send all completed materials to:
IU Southeast School of Education
Mary Ann Wild, Record Specialist
Hillside Hall 108A
4201 Grant Line Road
New Albany, IN 47150