Criminal Justice Honors Program Admission Requirements
Admission to the Criminal Justice Honors Program requires the following:
- The student must be a criminal justice major with junior standing
- The student must have at least a 3.5 GPA in all courses and at least a 3.5 GPA in criminal justice courses
- The student must have completed 15 hours of criminal justice courses including V170 and J101
Honors Program Requirements
Once admitted to the program honors students will complete a double major in Criminal Justice Honors and Criminal Justice.
In addition to meeting the requirements for the criminal justice major, the honors student must complete:
- CJUS-P495 (one hour) taken in conjunction with three advanced criminal justice courses
- CJUS-P495 (one hour) taken in conjunction with CJUS-P470
- Honors students must maintain the 3.5 GPA in all courses and the 3.5 GPA in criminal justice courses
While the Honors tracks in the School of Social Sciences are not officially linked with the IU Southeast Honors Program, students in the campus Honors Program may be able to use some departmental honors classes to satisfy certain campus Honors Program requirements. See the Director of the Honors Program or visit the Honors program website for more information.