Please print the application and return to a staff council member.
The purpose of the Staff Council at Indiana University Southeast at New Albany is to represent and support the full-time/part-time non-academic staff in University matters. As part of the ongoing support process, Staff Council also strives to assist staff members who are experiencing financial need by making a monetary contribution on their behalf. The procedure outlined below must be followed in order to be considered for such a gift.
How to Apply:
- Complete the "Request for Funds From Staff Council" Form. This form can be obtained from the Staff Council website or the Secretary of Staff Council. This is a confidential form. All information on this form will be treated in a confidential manner.
- Attach to the completed form, documentation (example – utility bill, prescription receipts, etc.) which demonstrate financial assistance and/or completed letter detailing specific need.
- Return the completed form and attached supporting documentation to a member of Staff Council. The Staff Council member will contact the Secretary of Staff Council for the item to be placed on the agenda for discussion at the next Staff Council meeting.
- The matter will be discussed at the next scheduled Staff Meeting. The Treasurer of Staff Council or a representative of the Treasurer will contact the requestor with a Staff Council decision.
- From time to time, requests for financial assistance may be of an "emergency" basis. The requestor will need to complete the appropriate paperwork as outlined above. However, the President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer of Staff Council will meet in a timely manner to determine if an award will be granted. The Treasurer of Staff Council will issue a check in a timely manner.
- It is not the practice of Staff Council to provide monetary "loans" to Staff members.
- A gift from Staff Council is based upon financial need of the staff member. Staff Council has the discretion to determine a "financial need" situation.
- In order to determine equal distribution of available funds per staff member, Staff Council has the discretion to determine frequency of the award per staff member.
- Staff Council has the option to deny a gift request or table a gift request until the next regularly scheduled meeting.
- The amount of gift awarded is determined at the discretion of Staff Council. The availability of funds in the Staff Council budget will be considered before any gift is awarded.
- A gift request will not be awarded until voted upon at a regularly scheduled meeting of Staff Council. Gift requests require an unanimous vote by the members of Staff Council in order to be awarded. The voting body of Staff Council must consist of atleast 7 members in order for the request to be approved and awarded.
- Gifts will be issued via a check processed by the Treasurer of Staff Council. The preferred procedure is that a check will not be issued to the recipient or an individual(s); instead, checks will be issued to a company (example – Ramsey Water Company, WalMart, Target, etc.). However, in certain circumstances where the expense has already been paid (prescription medicine, etc.) and with appropriate documentation (paid receipt), a check issued to a recipient will be acceptable based upon the approval of Staff Council.
- Based on availability of funds in the Staff Council budget, Staff Council intends to assist staff members who are experiencing financial need during the holiday seasons. To be considered, the application procedures must be followed as outlined in this proposal.
- Staff members who receive gifts are highly encouraged to volunteer their time/support for Staff Council functions.
This procedure/policy has been approved and adopted by Staff Council on September 20, 2005.
Assistance Links Please follow the above link for information on other organizations that may be able to provide assistance.