You are a First Year Beginner if you expect to graduate from high school during the current school year, have graduated from high school, or have earned a General Education Diploma and taken no more than twelve hours of college credit after high school graduation.
The following 'Next Steps' will take you from applying for admission to attending your first class.
- Step 1: Apply for Admission
- Step 2: Apply for Financial Aid
- Step 3: Apply for Housing
- Step 4: Learn About Next Steps for Admitted Freshmen
Office of Admissions (812) 941-2212 or 1-800-852-8835 outside the local calling area in KY or IN Applications are processed as they are received and you are encouraged to apply as early as possible. You will need to submit:
- the Application for Admission
- One-time, non-refundable $35 undergraduate application fee
- Official high school transcript or GED scores - The Admissions Office does not request transcripts directly from high schools or colleges/universities. If your high school participates, you may be able to request a transcript online at www.docufide.com
- SAT or ACT scores if you are applying within two years of high school graduation or if you are younger than age 20 with a GED
Please visit One.IU, create a guest account and click on the Self Service tab or call the Office of Admissions to check on your application status.
Office of Student Financial Assistance (812) 941-2246 or 1-800-852-8835 outside the local calling area in KY or IN
While not required, you are encouraged to apply for student financial aid. You will need to submit:
You’ll find more information, forms to download, and links to on-line applications at the Office of Student Financial Assistance